As a company, Renaissance Roofing Inc. has been restoring historical roofing systems since, 1992; our family has been in the historical roofing market since the mid 1970’s. So for nearly 40 years, we have been utilizing both new and salvaged clay roof tiles. We have found that salvaged clay roof tiles work best in restorations for many reasons:
– Salvaged clay roof tiles tie in with older roofing systems better because they are from the same era and produced using the same equipment and material formulations that the original roof utilized.
– Salvaged clay roof tiles have proven to be more cost effective because new tiles manufactured to match old roofing systems cost more than salvaged tiles.
– Salvaged clay roof tiles have stood the test of time and after decades of service show no visible signs of wear or deterioration.
– Salvaged clay roof tiles have a natural patina that provides for a closer visual appearance to the original roof.
– Salvaged clay roof tiles, when available, can be shipped immediately, eliminating waiting for them to be manufactured.
Although the salvaged clay roof tiles come with no manufacturer backed warranty, they do provide a performance history that is tested and proven in the real world. Our experience has shown that salvaged clay tiles are an economic, environmental and esthetically proven alternative to new tiles.
If you are looking to repair or restore your tile roof by a qualified contractor, or are looking for used tile to repair or restore your tile roof, we can help! We have used tiles in stock from:
– Ludowici – Celadon (Chicago, New Lexington)
– Miflin Hood (Daisy Tennessee)
– Heinz (Denver Colorado)
– National Tile (Lima Ohio)
– Mineral Wells (Texas)
– Mound City Tile (St. Louis)
– Detroit Tile (Michigan)
– Gladding McBean (California)
– MCA (California)
– Des Moines Tile (Iowa) – yes they made clay roof tiles in Iowa!
Should you need any further information on salvaged clay roof tiles please do not hesitate to contact me at 1-800-699-5695.
Thank you for the opportunity to service your project. In the future look for us to discuss tile roof costs, and why it is the best long-term roofing solution for the cost or investment.