Built in 1891 and located on Hwy 3 and 1st St in Hampton, Iowa, the Franklin County Courthouse was completed in December of 2006. The structure is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Copper Work Included:
- Complete replacement of clock tower architectural sheet metal.
- Duplication and fabrication of ornate architectural details using Terne Coated Stainless Steel.
- Metal processing included brake, pressed, English Wheel, and hand forming methods.
- Metal Pressing included mitre leaves, capitals, egg and dart, rosettes, dentals and pinnacles.
- 1700 individual pressed pieces from 20 individual molds.
- 100 plus pieces of hand-hammered curved parts.
- 100 plus pieces of metal custom-formed on an English Wheel.
- 5 historic copper statues refurbished.
- Extensive timber frame replacement and other carpentry.